The Continuum of Care (CoC) is Broward County’s local planning group working to end homelessness. The CoC is a collaborative network of organizations, advocates, community residents, and businesses that plan programs with the primary goal of alleviating homelessness in all areas of Broward County. The Board addresses all aspects of homelessness including prevention, outreach, emergency shelter, transitional and permanent affordable housing, and supportive services.
- Develop a long-term strategic plan and manage a year-round planning effort that addresses the identified needs of homeless individuals and households; the availability and accessibility of existing housing and services; and the opportunities for linkages with mainstream housing and service resources;
- Prepare an application for Continuum of Care (CoC) Program Competition competitive grants.
Our Role and Responsibilities
- Facilitate community, business, and governmental involvement in the Homeless Continuum of Care through local implementation of 2009 Federal Homeless Emergency Assistance and Rapid Transition to Housing (HEARTH) Act;
- Oversight of Broward County's three regional Homeless Assistance Centers;
- Create innovative programs to serve Broward County's homeless population;
- Assist community partners and stakeholders with grant applications and requests for proposals;
- Facilitate collaboration between emergency shelter operators, transitional housing providers, and other service providers within the Continuum of Care;
- Implement a homeless management information system through Homeless Initiative Partnership’s leadership.