To qualify for the University Student Practicum (USPP) program, the following criteria must be met:
- Applicants must be enrolled as a full-time student in a school, organization or institution.
- Applicants must provide proof of full-time enrollment throughout the complete period of the Practicum.
- Applicants will be Associate, Bachelors, Masters, and Doctoral level students.
The following items must be submitted with the Application:
- Copy of ALL Official Transcripts or Unofficial Transcripts
- Three (3) Letters of Recommendation (non-family member); at least one (1) from university/college faculty
- Cover Letter
- Program Essay
- Equal Employment Opportunity Information Form
Following receipt of a completed application the student will be required to complete the following:
- 1st interview - if selected as a finalist; then the following applies:
- Level I background check through the Broward County Human Resource Department; or depending on site placement, Level II (through a contracted service provider)
- TB test
- Copy of Driver's License or State ID
- Completed Acknowledgment, Authorization and Request for Criminal Background Information Form
- Completed Background Investigation Disclosure Form
- Attend a mandatory orientation prior to the start of the Practicum
The USPP placement consists of:
3 to 5 days per week, with a minimum of 10 hours and a maximum of 40 hours per week
- Mandatory commitment of 2 consecutive semesters (approx. 6 months)
USPP is an unpaid opportunity.
USPP Participants are not represented by a labor union and are eligible to apply and compete for an open position via a formal selection process if all job qualifications are met.
It is important to note that students must complete the entire Practicum and unapproved absences are grounds for immediate termination of the Practicum.
Deadlines to apply and submit required documentation each semester (Incomplete applications will not be considered):
Subject to change to a later date.