To qualify for the University Student Practicum Program (USPP), the following criteria must be met:
- Applicants must be currently enrolled as a student in a higher education institution that we have an established affiliation agreement with.
- Applicants must provide proof of enrollment throughout the complete period of the Practicum.
- Applicants will be Associates, Bachelors, Masters, and Doctoral level students.
The following items must be submitted with a complete Application:
- Recently updated Resume
- Program Essay
- Equal Employment Opportunity Information Form
Following receipt of a completed application, the student will be required to do the following:
- 1st interview
- 2nd interview - if selected as a finalist; then the following applies:
- Return a completed Background Investigation Disclosure Form for a Level I background check through the Broward County Human Resource Department; or depending on site placement, Level II (through a contracted service provider)
- TB test
- Submit a Copy of Driver's License or State ID
- Attend a mandatory orientation and complete required trainings prior to the start of the Practicum
The USPP placement consists of:
- 3 to 5 days per week, with a minimum of 10 hours and a maximum of 40 hours per week
- Prefer a commitment of 2 consecutive semesters (approx. 6 months) Exceptions to be made for students who require 3 semesters or 1 semester only; depends on the program you are in and per the agreement we established with your specific university. Contact your Field Coordinator or the USPP Coordinator for agreement terms and questions.
USPP is an unpaid opportunity. The student will need to provide their own transportation to and from the agency and any community events in which they might need to participate. Travel is not reimbursed by the agency and a stipend is not available for the interns.
- USPP Participants are not represented by a labor union and are eligible to apply and compete for an open position via a formal selection process if all job qualifications are met.
It is important to note that students must complete the entire Practicum and unapproved absences are grounds for immediate termination from this program. Additionally, delayed or non-responsiveness to USPP Coordinator requests for documentation or information will bring your placement opportunity to an end, throughout the application period and through the Practicum.
Call or Email for the application.
Deadlines to apply and submit required documentation each semester (Incomplete applications will not be considered):
Subject to change to a later date.
|FALL ||August 2021 - December 2021||CLOSED||June 18, 2021|
|SPRING||January 2022 - May 2022||OPEN||November 17, 2021|
|SUMMER||May 2022 - July 2022||CLOSED||TBD|