To review and make recommendations regarding the local affordable housing incentives, including incentive strategies; evaluate established policies, procedures, ordinances, land development regulations, and the local government comprehensive plan submitted and report to the Board, including recommended changes.
The initial report shall be submitted to the Board no later than December 31, 2008. After this submission, the reports shall be submitted triennially no later than December 31 of the year preceding submission of the local housing assistance plan.
Broward County Ordinance #2008-23, enacted June 10, 2008, pursuant to Rule 67-37.010, Florida Administrative Code as amended from time to time.
Eleven (11) members.
Each Broward County Commissioner shall appoint one (1) member by draw.
Two (2) members shall be appointed at-large by the Broward County Commission.
All members shall be appointed in one of the following categories:
1) One citizen who is actively engaged in the residential home building industry in connection with affordable housing;
2) One citizen who is actively engaged in the banking or mortgage banking industry in connection with affordable housing;
3) One citizen who is a representative of those areas of labor actively engaged in home building in connection with affordable housing;
4) One citizen who is actively engaged as an advocate for low-income persons in connection with affordable housing;
5) One citizen who is actively engaged as a for-profit provider of affordable housing;
6) One citizen who is actively engaged as a not-for-profit provider of affordable housing;
7) One citizen who is actively engaged as a real estate professional in connection with affordable housing;
8) One citizen who actively serves on the local planning agency pursuant to Section 163.3174, Florida Statutes;
9) One citizen who resides within the jurisdiction of the local governing body making the appointments;
10) One citizen who represents employers within the jurisdiction;
11) One citizen who represents essential services personnel, as defined in the local housing assistance plan.
If the Board, due to the present of one or more conflicts of interest by or among prospective appointees or because any other reasonable factor, is unable to appoint a citizen actively engaged in activities having connection with affordable housing, the Board may appoint to the Committee a citizen engaged in the same activity but without regard to affordable housing.
Section 1-233 of Chapter 1, Article XII, Broward County Code of Ordinances, as may be amended from time to time.
A majority of the total appointed board members.
Alicia Lobeiras, Assistant County Attorney
Suzanne Fejes, Assistant Director
Housing Finance and Community Development Division
Mildred Reynolds, Housing & Community Development Supervisor
Housing Finance & Community Development Building
110 N.E. Third Street, Suite 300
2nd Floor Conference Room
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
Financial Disclosure not required.