share   tweet 311

 You should file a complaint if...

  • You believe you have been discriminated against in employment, housing, and/or public accommodation
  • The discriminatory act took place in Broward County
  • The alleged violation occurred within the past 365 days (1 year)
  • You believe you have been deprived of equal employment opportunity
  • You feel you are receiving lower wages than a co-worker for equal or comparable work
  • You feel you are being treated differently with regards to terms and conditions of employment
  • You feel the employer is adversely affecting your status in other ways
  • You were refused hire when you are qualified for a job opening yet the employer continues to seek applicants
  • You were refused an application, but the employer accepted others

To file a complaint, contact:

Broward County Human Rights Section 
Governmental Center
115 South Andrews Avenue, Room 427
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301-1883
954-357-7800  (Voice)
954-357-7817  (Fax)

954-357-6181  (TTY)
Or contact us via email at:

How Your Complaint is Processed Flowcharts

Intake Procedure


Contacting the Human Rights Section is the first step in filing a complaint of discrimination. An Intake Representative will provide a questionnaire(s) to be completed and will then conduct an interview to determine if the complaint of discrimination is within the relevant law's jurisdiction.