Contest Theme: Environmental Impacts of the COVID-19 Pandemic
The year 2020 has brought many changes and has impacted us and the environment. The theme for the poster contest invites students to create a piece of artwork or photograph that depicts how the COVID- 19 pandemic has impacted the environment. This can be a positive or negative impact.
The contest is free and open to all K-12 students in Broward County! Please read the rules and guidelines below to ensure your artwork qualifies.
NEW: Digital art and Photographs are Being Accepted!
Contest Rules and Guidelines
- An online submission form must be submitted
- Signed Parental Release Form
- Entries must be received by Broward County’s Environmental Engineering and Permitting Division by close of business February 12, 2021
- Poster size
- Hand Drawing: no larger than 12 inches X 18 inches and not smaller than 8 inches X 10 inches.
- Digital Art: high resolution 300 dpi or higher and submitted as .png or .jpg. Pixel size between 3300 x 2400 and 5100 x 3300
- Photographs: no larger than 12 inches X 18 inches and not smaller than 8 inches X 10 inches and submitted as .png or .jpg
- Poster orientation: LANDSCAPE for all art types. If submittal is not in the right orientation it will be disqualified
- Paragraph explaining how the COVID- 19 pandemic has impacted the environment. The paragraph must be a maximum of 75 words
- Only original work will be considered (no magazine cutouts)
- Please do not fold posters. Entries must be mailed flat and must not be folded, matted or mounted
Submission of Artwork
- Send via mail or drop off at designated locations (TBD) for hand drawings
- Via submission link (photography and digital drawings)
Environmental Engineering and Permitting Division
ATTN: Outreach Team
1 North University Drive
Plantation, FL 33324
Effectiveness & Relevance to theme (75%): Does the artwork effectively illustrate and have a written description relevant to the theme? Does the poster clearly express an environmental message?
Creativity & Neatness (25%): Does the student use creative forms of expression? Is the poster neat and easily understood? How much time and effort does the poster, digital art, and photograph exhibit?
Winning entries will be featured in the 2022 Clean Air Calendar. There will be a total of twelve (12) winners and one (1) Grand Prize Winner. The participating school of the Grand Prize Winner (cover) will be awarded a plaque for display at the school and all winners will receive a prize. Posters submitted for the contest may be used for educational purposes and will become the property of Broward County.
• Artwork MUST be landscape, if not, it will be disqualified
• Poster must be flat and not folded (NO glue and NO glitter)
• Poster no larger than 12 inches by 18 inches (use a ruler to check the size)
• Only original artwork will be accepted
Please note: Digital art and photographs will be accepted and will be considered upon the discretion of Broward County.