Andrew (“Drew”) Meyers was appointed Broward County Attorney in 2017. He joined the Broward County Attorney’s Office in 1999, initially serving as the County's Chief Appellate Counsel and later as Chief Deputy County Attorney.
started his legal career in 1987 with a large, international law firm. In 1992, Drew left the private sector to serve as Special Counsel to the State of Florida. He concurrently served as General Counsel to the Florida Coordinating Council for the (then-newly enacted) Americans with Disabilities Act. Drew has also been a certified mediator since 1997.
- Columbia University School of Law, LL.M.
- University of Florida College of Law, J.D. with high honors
- Order of the Coif
- Florida Law Review
- Appellate Advocacy Fellowship Instructor
- University of Louisville, B.S. in Finance with honors
- U.S. District Courts for the Middle and Southern Districts of Florida
- U.S Courts of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit and the District of Columbia Circuit.