Library branches have reopened for in-person visits! Service
hours and days
vary, and all locations will follow precautionary measures designed to ensure the safety and health of customers and staff. Our customers must maintain a distance of at least six feet from others and a facial mask, covering nose and mouth, must be worn at all times. Additional sanitation and disinfecting of surfaces will take place and plexiglass dividers have been installed at library service desks.
Curbside Service Continues
All Broward County Libraries offer Walk-up/Drive-up curbside service, with the exception of the NSU-Alvin Sherman Library.
You may reserve books, DVDs and other library materials using our online catalog or by calling your local library. Library staff are unable to provide customers with any materials that have not been reserved ahead of time. You must have a Broward County Library card to reserve library materials.
- Library staff will call customers with reserved items to let them know their items are available for checkout via our new Walk-up/Drive-up Service.
- When arriving to pick up materials, customers should call the library when they are in the parking lot.
- For Walk-up Service: Library staff will exit the library and place the customer’s items on a table. Customers can then approach the table and retrieve their items.
- For Drive-up Service: Library staff will exit the library and hand the items to the customer through their car window. To ensure a safe and efficient hand-off, items will be placed in plastic bags.
- Customers must wear a facial covering to participate in this service.
Deposit materials at any Broward County Library book drop. Interlibrary Loan items may be placed in book drop of branch where it was picked up.
Late fees were suspended in March. However, items checked out after November 9, 2020 will be subject to late fees if not returned when due.
Get An All-Access Library Card
Want to check out printed books and DVDs via our Walk-up/Drive-up Service? Apply for an all-access Broward County Library card today! Call your local branch
We will continue to update you on any changes in our operations. Please visit our website and check your inbox for email updates from us. If you are not already a subscriber, sign up for
for updates and information about digital resources and services during our temporary closure.