Library branches are open for in-person visits. All locations follow precautionary measures designed to ensure the safety and health of customers and staff. Additional sanitation and disinfecting of surfaces continues and plexiglass dividers have been installed at library service desks.
- Service hours and days vary.
Masks covering your nose and mouth are strongly encouraged inside Broward County Libraries.
Curbside Service Continues
All Broward County Libraries offer Walk-up/Drive-up curbside service, with the exception of the NSU-Alvin Sherman Library.
You may reserve books, DVDs and other library materials using our
or by calling your local library. Library staff are unable to provide customers with any materials that have not been reserved ahead of time. You must have a Broward County Library card to reserve library materials.
- When arriving to pick up materials, customers should call the library when they are in the parking lot.
- For Walk-up Service: Library staff will exit the library and place the customer’s items on a table. Customers can then approach the table and retrieve their items.
- For Drive-up Service: Library staff will exit the library and hand the items to the customer through their car window. To ensure a safe and efficient hand-off, items will be placed in plastic bags.
- A mask covering your nose and mouth is strongly encouraged.
- Deposit materials at any Broward County Library book drop.
- Interlibrary Loan (ILL) items must be returned, in person, to staff at the same branch where it was picked up. Please ask for an ILL receipt.
Items checked out after November 9, 2020 are subject to late fees if not returned when due.
Get An All-Access Library Card
Want to check out printed books and DVDs via our Walk-up/Drive-up Service? Apply for an all-access Broward County Library card today! Call your local branch
We will continue to update you on any changes in our operations. Please visit our website and check your inbox for
from us. If you are not already a subscriber, sign up for
for updates, online events and information about resources and services.