Interlibrary Loan (ILL), also known as Resource Sharing, provides material that is not available in the Broward County Library (BCL) collection.
BCL card holders can borrow resources such as books, audiovisuals, newspaper and periodical articles, microfilm and musical scores from libraries located across the United States. Requests can be placed through the WorldCat database or at any BCL branch
by asking a librarian for assistance.
Using ILL's online service:
- First, check to see if the item is in
our Catalog and place a hold if available.
- If the item isn't in our Catalog, search
- When you locate the item, select “Request Item via ILL” (located in the "Get This Item" section, beneath the item info).
- Register for a new ILL account or Log In with your Library Card/PIN.
- Choose the branch where you want the item delivered and press the Submit button.
- Access/modify your account at