You should know the following about this insurance option:
- Employees can apply for LTD at any time during the year, but after their initial eligibility period, coverage is subject to medical underwriting and Active at Work Requirements.
- Premiums are based on the employee’s age and rate of pay and automatically adjust.
- There is a 90-day benefit waiting period after you are disabled before any benefits are payable.
- Since LTD premiums are on an after-tax basis, any benefits you receive will not be taxed as income to you.
- If an employee is on leave that qualifies as FMLA leave, he/she may restart this coverage without medical underwriting upon their return to work.
Coverage ends on the date of separation/retirement and cannot be continued when employment ends.
LTD Claims: 800-368-1135