ALL PARKS OPERATED BY BROWARD COUNTY ARE CLOSED TO PUBLIC ACCESS UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. THIS INCLUDES REGIONAL, NEIGHBORHOOD, AND SPECIALTY PARKS; NATURE CENTERS; AND NATURAL AREAS. THIS IS A PUBLIC HEALTH EFFORT TO STOP THE SPREAD OF COVID-19. THESE DECISIONS ARE MADE IN THE INTEREST OF PUBLIC SAFETY.
All programs and rental reservations will be fully refunded. Until further notice, we will not be taking any new reservations for special events, shelters and halls, and campgrounds.
In collaboration with the Florida National Guard and Memorial Healthcare System, C.B. Smith Park (900 N. Flamingo Rd., Pembroke Pines, FL 33028), continues to be open daily from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. as a COVID-19 drive-through testing site. People must call Centralized Scheduling at 954-276-4680 to get prescreened and make a reservation. The call center is open from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. daily. Everyone who calls to register - and meets the criteria for testing - will be provided a confirmation number, and a prepacket will be waiting at the park. If multiple individuals are coming in one car, each individual must be preregistered, and everyone must bring identification. The preregistration and prescreening process is optimizing capacity and efficiency. Anyone meeting the following criteria should call to register.
- First responders (essential personnel) including police, fire-rescue, and hospital workers who are symptomatic
- 65 years or older with chronic conditions and symptomatic
- Individuals who are symptomatic, have traveled internationally by cruise or air or are from an affected geographical area
- Immune compromised and symptomatic
The following concessionaires and public/private partners will also close to the public:
- All Golf at C.B. Smith Park, Pembroke Pines
- Bridges Enterprises at Everglades Holiday Park
- Broward Ski & Wakeboard School at C.B. Smith
- Butterfly World at Tradewinds Park & Stables, Coconut Creek
- Equine-Assisted Therapies at Tradewinds
- Extension Education Office
- Koslov Tennis Academy (C.B. Smith Park) and Lakeshore Tennis Center (Brian Piccolo Sports Park)
- Marine Environmental Education Center (MEEC) at Carpenter House
- Ski Rixen USA cable water-skiing at Quiet Waters Park
- Zack's Snacks at Hollywood North Beach Park
Please continue to follow the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines and wash your hands for 20 seconds; avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth; avoid close contact with people who are sick; and put a distance of six feet between yourself and other people.
Thank you for your patience and stay safe and healthy.