Are you looking for a fun and engaging team-building activity for your organization while giving back to the community? Broward County Parks and Recreation Division has numerous volunteer workday opportunities available.
The Parks Division has worked with a number of community and corporate groups that volunteered their time to improve the park system by painting facilities, removing invasive plant species and trash, clearing nature trails, and planting trees and native plants.
A big "Thank You!" to groups that have volunteered their time, energy, and talents to Broward County Parks:
- 4-H at Miramar Pineland
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority at Reverend Samuel Delevoe Park
- American Express / HandsOn Broward at Tradewinds Park & Stables
- American Lung Association at Reverend Samuel Delevoe Park
- Brownie Troop at Hillsboro Pineland
- Comcast at Reverend Samuel Delevoe Park
- Coral Springs High School at Tradewinds Park & Stables
- Dart Container Sales Co. at Tradewinds Park & Stables
- Eagle Scouts at Anne Kolb Nature Center
- Eagle Scouts at Easterlin Park
- Eagle Scouts at Plantation Heritage Park
- Eagle Scouts at Tradewinds Park & Stables
- Earth Day Waterway Cleanup at Deerfield Island Park
- FedEx at Highlands Scrub Natural Area
- Flanagan High School Key Club
- Florida Power & Light at Lewis-Chisom Park
- HandsOn Broward Summer Service Camp at Tradewinds Park & Stables
- Invitation Homes at Tradewinds Park & Stables
- JM Family Enterprises Inc.
- MLK Day of Service at Reverend Samuel Delevoe Park
- Miami Marlins Ayudan Team at Miramar Pineland
- Nielsen at Hollywood North Beach Park
- Parks Mountain Bike Patrol at Markham Park & Target Range
- Pine Crest School
- Sai Baba Group at Miramar Pineland
- Scheck Hillel Community School at Miramar Pineland
- Summer 2015 Workday Projects at Quiet Waters Park
- United Cerebral Palsy at Miramar Pineland
- UnitedHealthcare at Miramar Pineland
- USDA Invasive Plant Research Laboratory
- Wells Fargo Day of Service at Tree Tops Park
Interested groups are asked to contact the Community Partnerships and Outreach Program at least two weeks prior to their targeted volunteer date to allow for proper coordination and site preparation.
No group is too small to make a difference at Broward County Parks! If you are interested in holding a workday for your organization, contact the Community Partnerships and Outreach Program by emailing ParksVolunteers@Broward.org.