Help the Environment by Volunteering
Clear Natural Areas of Garbage and Invasive Plants
Volunteers are important to parks, especially when it comes to helping our nature centers, natural areas and other parks clear out the trash and invasive plants that continually plague our environment. EcoAction Days are volunteer workdays scheduled throughout our system, October-May.
First Saturday of the Month
- Fern Forest Nature Center, 201 Lyons Rd. South, Coconut Creek, FL 33063; 954-357-5198
- Long Key Natural Area & Nature Center, 3501 S.W. 130th Ave., Davie, FL 33330; 954-357-8797
- Miramar Pineland, 3600 S. University Dr., Miramar, FL 33025; 954-357-8776 (year-round)
Second Saturday of the Month
- Quiet Waters Park, 401 S. Powerline Rd., Deerfield Beach, FL 33442; 954-357-5100
- Snake Warrior's Island Natural Area, 3600 S.W. 62nd Ave., Miramar, FL 33025; 954-357-8776 (year-round)
Third Saturday of the Month
- Anne Kolb Nature Center, 751 Sheridan St., Hollywood, FL 33019; 954-357-5161
- North Broward Natural Area Sites, call 754-215-8654 for specific sites information
All participants must fill out a volunteer registration form prior to participating. Please call the nature center, park or natural area of your choice to pre-register prior to the scheduled workday and bring the signed application that day.
Volunteers are asked to have their own gloves, a hat, sunscreen, insect repellent and drinking water on hand as they tackle the weeds and trash accumulating in different areas of the County. Closed-toe shoes are required, and long pants and long sleeves are suggested. All participants must fill out a volunteer registration form prior to participating. Volunteers ages 13 to 17 must have parent or guardian signature on the form. Volunteers under the age 13 may participate with parent or guardian.
High school students can use these volunteer hours toward required community service hours for graduation. Corporate and student groups are also welcome. Contact the site coordinator for group information and preregistration.