3300 N. Park Rd., Hollywood, FL 33021 • Phone: 954-357-8811 • Fax: 954-357-8863 • Email: TYPark@Broward.org
Castaway Island offers two interactive water playgrounds: one for smaller children, with climbing features and a small slide, the other with features more suitable for older children, including buckets that regularly fill with water and dump it out onto the playground below. In 2007, the water park's original sand-bottom lagoon was replaced with a zero-entry, hard-bottom Swim Lagoon with a waterfall at one end. The aquatics complex also includes a marina with boat rentals.
$8.87/person for the entire day; $5.37/person after 3 p.m. Children 12 months and under are admitted free. Silver Level seasonal passes (Find It All cards) are available to individuals, families with two to four members, families with five members, and families with six members. See Water Parks / Seasonal Passes. The Silver Level pass includes admission to Tropical Splash, Splash Adventure, and Castaway Island water parks. The park's regular gate fee of $1.50/person (children 5 and under free) is also in effect on weekends and holidays. Applicable Florida taxes will be added to all fees except gate fee.
Both water playgrounds - 10 a.m. to 5:20 p.m.
Swim Lagoon, Funbrella rentals - 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Operating hours are subject to weather-related closures.
20-foot-diameter umbrellas are available for rent, each with picnic tables and trash cans. Capacity 30. Funbrellas rent for $35/day on weekdays, $75/day on weekends and holidays. Advance reservations are recommended. Applicable Florida sales tax will be added to all rental fees. Click here to register.
Pizza, hot dogs, ice cream, snacks, and beverages are available for purchase. Coolers are now permitted in the aquatics area. No glass containers, no alcoholic beverages, and no pizza or food deliveries are permitted.
Prepaid Gate Admission and Aquatics Passes
Available for purchase at the park office at least 14 days in advance of your event, to ensure ample time for distribution of passes to your guests prior to your visit. Prepaid passes cannot be distributed on the day of the event at the entrance gate.
One counselor is required for every 10 children and will be admitted at no charge. All camp groups must be registered in advance of their visit to guarantee admission. Contact the park office at 954-357-8811 or email TYPark@Broward.org.
Swimming lessons are available at Castaway Island from June through August. Dates vary.
Boat rentals are available on weekends and holidays from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., with the last rental leaving at 4 p.m. and returning by 5 p.m. Kayaks, canoes, paddleboats, and johnboats rent for $10/hour, $15/two hours, and $25/four hours. A refundable deposit is required. Children ages 17 and under must be accompanied on each boat by an adult at least 18 years of age. U.S. Coast Guard-approved life vests are required and are provided free of charge to boaters.
Rules and Regulations:
- Children ages 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult at least 18 years of age at all times. All children 5 years and younger must be within arm's reach of an adult at all times while in the water park.
- Proper swimming attire is required - no jean shorts, no cutoffs, and no plastic or metal accessories (including zippers) on clothing allowed.
- Diaper-changing is permitted in restrooms only; waterproof diapers are required (for sale at the Castaway booth for $1 each).
- Patrons with wounds, open sores, and skin infections will be excluded from water activities.
- Instructions from park staff and lifeguards must be followed.
- U.S. Coast Guard-approved life vests are allowed and are available free upon request.
- Patrons must shower before entering any water areas.
- Participation in water activities is at patron's own risk.
- No zippers on swim attire
- Climbing or swinging on pipes, handrails, or ropes
- Sliding headfirst on slides - feet first only
- Running or "dangerous behavior," including throwing objects such as Frisbees, footballs, etc.
- Floats or water toys and equipment, including masks, fins, or snorkels
- Food or drink in water areas
- Pizza from outside this facility
- Alcoholic beverages
- Glass containers
- Animals or pets
- Chewing gum
- Tables (unless a Funbrella has been reserved)
- Umbrellas, pop-up tents, shade structures
- Sterno warmers or grills
- Amplified music including stereos, boom boxes, speakers, etc.