Rules apply to the horse trails at Long Key Natural Area, Tradewinds Park, Tree Tops Park, and Vista View Park.
- use designated equestrian areas only.
- clear equestrian field of all horse trailers 15 minutes prior to park closing.
- provide helmets for underage riders (16 and under). Florida law requires all horseback riders under 16 to wear a proper horseback-riding helmet.
- show courtesy and respect to other riders.
- use positive and humane methods when training your horse.
- notify a park official if you encounter any emergency situation
- provide current proof of your horse's negative Coggins Test upon request.
- make sure your horse has the temperament and training to ride on busy public trails
- ride at a walk, trot, or canter only
- leave valuables locked in your trunk and not in the view of the public.
Management has the right to prohibit or expel riders from the park if the rules are not followed.
- double ride (for any reason)
- solicit horse or pony rides at any time
- use paved roads for horse trails
- bike, play ball, or fly kites in equestrian areas - horseback riding only.
- ride near the shelters; stay in equestrian-designated areas only.
- park additional vehicles in the equestrian field - vehicles pulling trailers only.
- leave your horse unattended at any time, or tie your horse to a fence, tree, pavilion, or any other equipment
- use alcoholic beverages on the horse trails.
- race, run, or otherwise ride recklessly anywhere in the park
- ride in a style that might cause harm to other riders, yourself, or the horse
- pass group trail rides without permission
- permit your horse to engage in aggressive behavior such as kicking, biting, rearing up, etc.
- leave horse manure in the field or parking lots. Please dispose of properly.