Broward County does not provide insurance or make recommendations on which insurance company you may contract with - it is your responsibility to secure the appropriate coverage.
|Product Liability|| ||Food/item vendors|
|Automobile Liability||$500,000||All businesses using vehicles in the operation of duties on park property|
|Abuse / Molestation||$500,000||Camp groups (other than day trips)|
|Workers Compensation||Statutory Limits||All businesses with four or more employees|
- Product liability insurance is not required for tent suppliers or wall/rock climbing attractions.
- In addition to minimum general liability insurance, attendants of bounce houses, rock/wall climbing attractions, and amusement apparatus must be at least 18 years old and must be present, alert, and actively monitoring the attraction at all times.
- Vendors must provide their own generators.
- Certificate must be signed by the insurance company's authorized representative.
- Certificate Holder must be exactly: Broward County, 950 N.W. 38th St., Oakland Park, FL 33309.
- Broward County must also be named as Additional Insured.
- Business/Organization name and address of the insured must be on certificate and match name on permit/contract/agreement with Broward County.
- Producer (insurance agent) name and contact information should be listed.
- Insurer(s) affording coverage must have an A.M. Best Rating of at least "A-" with Financial Size Category of at least Class VII and/or have authority from the Florida Office of Insurance Regulation to conduct transactions in Florida.
- Brief description of operations and dates if usage will be restricted to a small set of dates.
- Thirty (30) days written notice of cancellation is required (except 10 days for nonpayment of premium).
SUBMITTING CERTIFICATES OF INSURANCE
- Nonprofits, Sports Teams, Associations: Email to ParksSafety@Broward.org, including mention of park that will be the site of activity.
- Camp Groups: Email to ParksSafety@Broward.org, including mention of park that will be the site of activity.