Types and Amounts of Insurance Required
$500,000 minimum general liability insurance is required for all, except as noted below:
- A minimum of $300,000 general liability insurance is acceptable for Deejays, photographers, clowns, characters, magicians and florists.
- An additional $500,000 liability insurance must be in effect for beer and wine vendors. Liquor, where allowed by Broward County Ordinance 2009-65, requires $1 million liability insurance.
- Food vendor liability coverage must include product liability.
- Product liability insurance is not required for tent suppliers or wall/rock climbing attractions.
- In addition to minimum general liability insurance, attendants of Bounce Houses, rock/wall climbing attractions and Amusement Apparatus must be at least 18 years old and must be present, alert and actively monitoring the attraction at all times.
- Vendors must provide their own generators.
A Certificate of Insurance is acceptable as evidence of insurance. For additional information on types and amounts of insurance required, call Parks Vendors at 954-357-8164.
Insurance Certificate Requirements
- Certificates of Insurance must be signed by the insurance company's authorized representative.
- Certificate Holder must be Broward County, 950 N.W. 38th St., Oakland Park, FL 33309.
- Broward County must be named as Additional Insured.
- Please include a brief description of business operations and indicate if the certificate is for a special event at a Broward County park (such as a race or festival). Certificates will not be processed without a business description, contact name and phone number, which is required to determine liability coverage.
- 30 days written notice of cancellation is required (except 10 days for non-payment of premium).
Submitting Completed Certificates of Insurance
Vendors: Fax certificates to 954-357-8156 or email to ParksVendors@Broward.org
Nonprofits, Sports Teams, Associations: Fax certificates to 954-357-9017 or email to ParksSafety@Broward.org
70/30 Contracts (Teachers/Instructors): Email certificates to eweaver@Broward.org
For additional information on Insurance Certificate Requirements, please call the Parks Vendor office at 954-357-8164 or email ParksVendors@Broward.org.
For questions about certificates of insurance, call Parks and Recreation's Safety Section at 954-357-8172, or email ParksSafety@Broward.org