Insurance Requirements


Broward County does not provide insurance or make recommendations on which insurance company you may contract with - it is your responsibility to secure the appropriate coverage.

Type of CoverageMinimum CoverageWho it Applies To
General Liability$1,000,000All
Product Liability Food/item vendors
Automobile Liability$500,000
All businesses using vehicles in the operation of duties on park property
Abuse / Molestation$500,000Camp groups (other than day trips)
Workers CompensationStatutory LimitsAll businesses with four or more employees

  • Product liability insurance is not required for tent suppliers or wall/rock climbing attractions. 
  • In addition to minimum general liability insurance, attendants of bounce houses, rock/wall climbing attractions, and amusement apparatus must be at least 18 years old and must be present, alert, and actively monitoring the attraction at all times. 
  • Vendors must provide their own generators. 


  1. Certificate must be signed by the insurance company's authorized representative. 
  2. Certificate Holder must be exactly: Broward County, 950 N.W. 38th St., Oakland Park, FL 33309. 
  3. Broward County must also be named as Additional Insured
  4. Business/Organization name and address of the insured must be on certificate and match name on permit/contract/agreement with Broward County.
  5. Producer (insurance agent) name and contact information should be listed.
  6. Insurer(s) affording coverage must have an A.M. Best Rating of at least "A-" with Financial Size Category of at least Class VII and/or have authority from the Florida Office of Insurance Regulation to conduct transactions in Florida.
  7. Brief description of operations and dates if usage will be restricted to a small set of dates.
  8. Thirty (30) days written notice of cancellation is required (except 10 days for nonpayment of premium). 


  • Nonprofits, Sports Teams, Associations: Email to, including mention of park that will be the site of activity. 
  • Camp Groups: Email to, including mention of park that will be the site of activity.
For additional information on insurance requirements, call the Parks Vendor office at 954.357.8164 or email, or call the Parks Safety office at 954.357.​8172 or email​​​