The ADA/HIPAA section of Broward County Professional Standards Section:
- Investigates complaints alleging violations of HIPAA privacy regulations by Broward County HIPAA-covered agencies. HIPAA stands for the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996.
- Reviews requests for ADA accommodations by qualified Broward County employees who need an ADA accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of their job. ADA stands for the Americans With Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended.
- Conducts Title II site assessments.
- Prepares the ADA Transition Plan.
- Serves as a technical advisor to all County departments, divisions and offices on ADA matters and HIPAA privacy.
- Coordinates the efforts of Broward County Government to implement and comply with the ADA.
The ADA Transition Plan is available upon request.