Broward Municipal Services District Garbage Collection Guidelines
Garbage is collected twice a week using the green carts. Check service area maps and collection schedules for more information.
- Carts must be placed curbside before 7 AM.
- Garbage carts will be picked up between 7 AM and 7 PM on your scheduled
- To ensure collection, carts must be placed curbside with the handle facing your residence.
- After collection, empty carts must be removed from the swale before the next day.
- All garbage must be placed inside the green cart. It is preferable that these items be placed in tied plastic garbage bags first.
- Items in your cart should not exceed the height of the rim of the cart.
- Hypodermic needles, syringes, and other similar materials must be sealed in a hard, plastic container.
Haulers will not pick up the following:
- Materials left on top of or next to your cart. All garbage must be placed inside the green cart for proper collection.
- Construction, remodeling and demolition debris, including concrete materials and bricks or brickwork
- Automotive parts including automotive bodies, engines, transmissions, batteries, large truck tires, mounted automobile tires, and marine parts
- Materials and other waste from commercial operations including lawn and yard services
- Loose items, loose (not bundled) tree trimmings and branches
- Oil, paint, insecticides, chemicals or other hazardous waste
- Excessive debris resulting from land clearing and/or land development
Haulers will not pick up loose items or materials left outside your cart.
Please call Customer Service at 954-765-4999 or e-mail RECYCLE&RECOVER@broward.org for additional information.
Haga clic aquí para ver esta información en español si vives en el área 4 or 5.
Haga clic aquí para ver esta información en español si vives en el área 6.