Business Operations Division (BOD) Business Operations Division (BOD) is committed to supporting all WWS divisions by providing exceptional customer service, billing services, and accurate financial reports; supporting sound financial management; and providing efficient and effective support services.
Business Operations Division provides accounting services for all WWS divisions, to include providing financial reporting, ensuring compliance with federal and state laws, professional accounting standards and County policies and procedures. The division also handles customer services including meter reading and meter repair, monthly billing and revenue collection.
The division operates a warehouse for materials and supplies used in the operation and maintenance of utility infrastructure. The Division coordinates materials management, purchasing and contract administration functions for operational and administrative activities at Water and Wastewater Services. The division also coordinates the budgeting activities of all WWS Divisions, and supports the development of fiscal plans and rates, fees and charges for the services provided. In addition, the division administers and performs grounds and building maintenance services for over 200 locations owned/operated by Broward County Water and Wastewater Services; as well as performs capital improvement projects at the WWS Administrative Complex.
Business Operations Division highlights include:
• Continuing to promote and implement the “Toilet Credit” Program for Water customers to replace old, high-flow toilets with WaterSense high efficiency low flow toilets. Under the program, each approved customer receives a $100 credit (a maximum of $200 per customer) on their water bill to support water conservation efforts.
• Enhancing customer service systems and technology at the Water and Wastewater Services the two Customer Payment Centers and Call Center.
• Preparing complete and accurate Annual financial statements.
• Managing contract for utility bill printing, data processing and mailing services.
• Performing regular and preventative maintenance, and completing capital improvement projects to preserve WWS utility infrastructure.