IMPORTANT SERVICE INFORMATION!
In accordance with CDC recommendations, our Animal Care Adoption Center has transitioned to virtual services. This is to protect residents and our staff from exposure to the virus. The following services are now available:
- Adoptions: An Adoption Application can be completed online and e-mailed to us at ACADAdoptions@broward.org.
- Fostering: A Foster Application can be completed online and e-mailed to us at Foster@broward.org
- Pet License: The pet license tag can be purchased online.
- Pet Surrenders: Pet surrenders are suspended. Please call and make an appointment at 954-359-1313 ext. 9758.
- Lost/Stray Pets: Residents who have found a pet should report it to email@example.com. You will be notified when you can bring the pet to our shelter.
- Emergency Calls continue for sick stray pets, animal cruelty, bites and dangerous aggressive dogs.
Residents who have placed a deposit on a pet will be notified when their dog or cat is ready to be picked up.
Petco Foundation to Match Donations for Animal Care
Through June 30, all donations to Animal Care will be matched up to $20,000 by the Petco Foundation to help save twice as many lives.
Donations for Animal Care will be received and accepted through The Pet Project--a non-profit organization and a life-saving partner for Animal Care. Through their efforts, they have helped reduce the number of pets who are surrendered to the shelter--particularly during these financially difficult times.
The Petco Foundation matching grant will help Animal Care and The Pet Project maintain their lifesaving work during these challenging times.
SNIP Program Now Available
The SNIP Spay/Neuter Program is now available to all Broward County residents. To apply for a voucher please visit our WebPortal and follow the directions.
Students--Receive Community Hours!
Broward County Animal Care is proud to offer Community Service Hours to Students through our Foster or Volunteer Programs!
Find out more!
Found Kittens? Here is What you Should Do!
A shelter is no place for baby kittens. If you
find baby kittens please leave them in place to see if their Mother is in the area--she is the best caregiver for her babies. If Mom is not around, then please help by
fostering the kittens until they are old enough to be adopted. Animal Care will supply food and medical care for the family. Read all about
Caring for Found Kittens here.
Rabies Clinic Postponed for Now
Due to concerns regarding the Coronavirus, the Rabies Clinics have been postponed until further notice.
For more information and our Rabies Clinic schedule, please click