Thank you for choosing to adopt from Broward County Animal Care!
Because of Broward County's rapidly changing situation around the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we are currently modifying our adoption process in order to safeguard our residents and staff from exposure to the virus, while at the same time helping our pets find loving, forever homes.
Because of this, all adoptions will now be begin from this webpage. The process is simple:
- View our available dogs and cats by clicking the "View Dogs" and View Cats" links below.
- If you see a pet that you would like to adopt, please note the pet's Animal ID number (begins with the letter "A"). Also note the pet's name if one is listed.
- Complete and electronically sign an Adoption Application ONLINE. Submit the application, which will automatically be received by our Customer Service team.
- One of our Customer Service representatives will call you for further information in order to complete the application process. Because of this, please be sure to include a readily available phone number on your application.
- If the pet is available, and your Adoption Application is approved, a specific date and time will be reserved for you to meet and take home your new pet.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION--PLEASE READ BEFORE SUBMITTING AN ADOPTION APPLICATION!
- All Adoption Applications must be completed and submitted online.
- Only ONE APPLICATION PER PET! Do not combine multiple pets onto one Adoption Application.
- Adoptions are on a first-submitted, first-served basis. If a pet receives more than one Adoption Application, the first application received by us (based on time of receipt) will be the one that is considered.
- You must be 18 years of age or older to adopt. A valid Driver's License or photo ID will be required.
- The pet adoption is not final until we verify that the adoption is complete and you are assigned a day and time to pick up your pet.
- If you do not arrive at the designated date and time, and do not contact us, you will forfeit your adoption.
- When you arrive, you will be alllowed to interact with your selected pet.
- If you prefer not to adopt the pet you have selected, you will be asked to resubmit another Adoption Application for another pet.
- If you select a dog or cat that is still under a "stray hold" time (the period where we are waiting to see if the pet's owner will come to claim him), then we will review your Adoption Application with you and will finalize the process once the hold time is completed.
- All of our adoption fees and deposits are waived.
I'm Ready to Find a New Best Friend!
To begin your exciting search for your new best friend, please start by browsing all of the dogs and cats in our care:
Our list of dogs and cats includes both adoptable pets that are ready to go home immediately and lost pets waiting to be reunited with their owner.
See a pet you would like to adopt?
- Complete a Dog Adoption Application - ONLY ONE APPLICATION PER PET! (NOTE: In order to electronically complete and sign the Application online, please save to your Desktop and then e-mail it to ACADAdoptions@broward.org. The application is not compatible with mobile phones and tablets).
- Complete a Cat Adoption Application - ONLY ONE APPLICATION PER PET! (NOTE: In order to electronically complete and sign the Application online, please save to your Desktop and then e-mail it to ACADAdoptions@broward.org. The application is not compatible with mobile phones and tablets).
Your new pet will come complete with:
- Physical exam
- All necessary vaccinations
- Spaying or neutering
- Broward County Rabies Registration License Tag
Need More Info or Help?
- Call us at 954-359-1313 or 954-359-1010