IMPORTANT NOTICE-Schedule Appointments and Access Services
Our services are only a click away! To schedule an appointment at our Adoption Center, or to access our online services, please see below:
- ADOPTIONS: View our adoptable pets online. If you see a pet you would like to adopt, please complete a Dog or Cat Adoption Application and submit it online to ACADAdoptions@broward.org. Once your application is accepted, our Customer Service staff will contact you to make an appointment to view the dog or cat and finalize the adoption if you decide to make the pet part of your home.
- PET LICENSE TAG: The pet license tag can be purchased online. Residents who have already purchased the tag online are asked to wait for the tag to be mailed to your home (there is currently a 13-week wait time to receive your tag). Residents can also obtain the tag from local veterinary offices that sell the County tag.
- PET SURRENDERS: Pet surrenders are by appointment only. Please call and make an appointment at 954-357-9758, or via e-mail at email@example.com.
- LOST/STRAY PETS: If you have found a lost pet, we prefer that you make an appointment to bring the pet in by calling 954-357-9758 or e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you cannot wait for an appointment, please come to our shelter for service, or call our Field Services team for stray pet pick-up at 954-359-1313, Option 2.
- RETURN OF LOST PET: Please call us for an appointment to be reunited with your dog or cat by calling 954-357-9758 or e-mailing us at email@example.com.
- FOSTERING: Residents wishing to foster a pet, should complete a Foster Application online and e-mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Foster pet checkups are by appointment only and can be scheduled online or by calling 954-359-1315.
- VOLUNTEERING: For information about Volunteer opportunities, please e-mail us at email@example.com
- RETURN TO FIELD (RTF): The program has been suspended indefinitely.
- TRAP-NEUTER-RELEASE (TNR): Please check our website for updated information regarding voucher availability.
PLEASE NOTE: In accordance with CDC guidelines, all visitors with an appointment to our Adoption Center will be required to wear a face mask and practice social distancing.
New Animal Care Dashboard Introduced
Animal Care has introduced a special informational dashboard which offers current summary information regarding our shelter population and data featuring the intake and outcome of dogs and cats. While Animal Care provides a numeric report each month, the new dashboard provides the same information in an easy-to-understand visual format. The dashboard information is updated every 8 hours and can be accessed from any computer or mobile device.
Found Kittens? Here is What you Should Do!
It's the start of Kitten Season and a shelter is no place for baby kittens! If you
find baby kittens PLEASE LEAVE THEM IN PLACE to see if their Mother is in the area--she is the best caregiver for her babies. If Mom is not around, then please help by
fostering the kittens until they are old enough to be adopted. Animal Care will supply food and medical care for the family. Read all about
Caring for Found Kittens here.
Community Cat Fix Program
For a limited time, Broward County Animal Care, in partnership with the Petco Foundation, is offering FREE spay/neuter services for Community Cats!
- Rabies Vaccine
To participate, a Community Cat Caregiver must be a Broward County resident. For service, the Caregiver must contact one of the four participating providers
for days and drop-off times for surgery.