Now Available for Many Areas
Please see below for a list of eligible areas.
The Housing Finance Division offers Home Buyer Purchase Assistance to qualified home buyers. Assistance is in the form of a deferred payment second mortgage at 0% interest, 15-year term. Funds are available on a first-come, first qualified, first served basis.
Note: Our income certification approval and funding process takes 5-6 weeks
after receipt of a package from the lender.
- Take a Homebuyer Education class from a
Certified HUD Approved Counseling Agency. For your convenience, you can download a list of local agencies here or you may visit the HUD
Obtain a first mortgage approval from a lender or you can select a lender from the
Participating Lenders List and contact them directly.
If you are a lender and require the County's Homebuyer Purchase Assistance Program Lender Guidelines click here.
The Housing Finance Division is not responsible for the borrower's selection of lender and/or Homebuyer
Education class, financing terms, actions or decisions made by lenders or counseling agencies. Lender decisions are final.
Eligible properties must be in one of the areas listed below with the maximum sales price of $568,557; a higher max price in Wilton Manors and Weston may be available. Once you have identified a property in an area listed below, your LENDER will need to contact our office for further instructions on how to proceed.
Note: Our income certification approval and funding process takes 5-6 weeks after receipt of a package from the lender.
*Higher prices may be available in certain areas with higher down payments from the buyer.
- Unincorporated Broward County
- Coconut Creek
- Cooper City
- Dania Beach
- Hallandale Beach
- Hillsboro Beach
- Hollywood (for more information click here)
Lauderdale by the Sea
- Lazy Lake Village
- Lighthouse Point
- Margate (no funding available)
- Oakland Park
- Pembroke Park
- Sea Ranch Lakes
- Southwest Ranches
- Sunrise (limited funds)
- West Park
- Wilton Manors
Homebuyer's gross annual household income must be certified by Broward County. Please review Income Chart for the household size maximum income limits.
The Broward County Income Category Chart is based on the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Income Limits Documentation System. Gross annual household income may not exceed 80% of the area median income (AMI).
Funds are limited and available on a first-come, first-qualified basis.
- Most areas up to $80,000 available
- The buyer must contribute three percent (3%) of the purchase price; not applicable for VA loans
- A comprehensive Home Inspection report is required
- You may purchase an existing home or a new construction home
- You must owner occupy the home as your primary residence
- Eligible properties include single-family residences, condominiums, villas and townhomes located within Broward County service areas. Mobile homes and cooperatives are not eligible
PLEASE NOTE, if you plan on purchasing in any city not listed above, please contact that particular city directly to inquire about any program(s) they may offer for Purchase Assistance.