Home Buyer Purchase Assistance now available for many areas.
The County is accepting new application packages for cities listed below. Please see below for a list of eligable areas.
The Housing Finance and Community Redevelopment Division offers Home Buyer Purchase Assistance to qualified home buyers. Assistance is in the form of a deferred payment second mortgage
up to $40,000 (or
up to $50,000 for Davie, Plantation, Hollywood, and Weston), 0% interest, 15 year term. Funds are available on a first come, first qualified, first served basis.
Note: Our income certification approval and funding process is taking 5-6 weeks after receipt of a package from the lender.
- Take a Homebuyer Education class from a Certified HUD Approved Counseling Agency. For your convenience, here is a list of local agencies.
- Most areas up to $40,000 available (or up to $50,000 for Davie, Plantation. Weston- is up to $80,000)
- The buyer must contribute three percent (3%) of the purchase price, of which one percent (1%) must come from the buyer's own funds and not be a gift or concession.
- A comprehensive Home Inspection report is required.
- You may purchase an existing home or a new construction home
- You must owner occupy the home as your primary residence.
- Eligible properties include single family residences, condominiums, villas and town homes located within Broward County service areas. Mobile homes and cooperatives are not eligible.
- Obtain a first mortgage approval from a lender or you can select a lender from the
Participating Lenders List and contact them directly. If you are a lender and require the County's Homebuyer Purchase Assistance Program Lender Guidelines, they are located on our home page under Programs.
The Housing Finance and Community Redevelopment Division is not responsible for the borrower's selection of lender and/or Homebuyer Education class, financing terms, actions or decisions made by lenders or counseling agencies. Lender decisions are final.
- Eligible properties must be in one of the following areas:
- Homebuyer's gross annual household income must be certified by Broward County. Please review Income Chart for the household size maximum income limits.
The Broward County Income Category Chart is based on the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Income Limits Documentation System. Gross annual household income may not exceed 80% of the area median income (AMI), except for Hollywood, which may not exceed 120% AMI and Wilton Manors, which may not exceed 140% AMI.
Effective: April, 2020
Funds are limited and available on a first come, first qualified basis, when available.
PLEASE NOTE, if you plan on purchasing in any city not listed above, please contact that particular city directly to inquire about any program(s) they may offer for Purchase Assistance.
Earn tax credit for buying a home with the Mortgage Credit Certification Program