Federal Veteran Affairs Services

​​The Veterans Services Section can assist veterans and their families with filing the following claims with Federal Veterans Affairs:

  • Disability Compensation
    A tax-free monetary benefit paid to Veterans with disabilities that are the result of a disease or injury incurred or aggravated during active military service. Compensation may also be paid for post-service disabilities that are considered related or secondary to disabilities occurring in service and for disabilities presumed to be related to circumstances of military service, even though they may arise after service.
  • Individual Unemployability (IU)
    Part of the VA's disability compensation program, it allows the VA to pay certain Veterans compensation at the 100 percent rate, even though the VA has not rated their service-connected disabilities at that level.
  • Appeals
    If you disagree with a VA decision, you can choose among a few options to continue your case. 
  • Veterans Pension
    VA helps Veterans and their families cope with financial challenges by providing supplemental income through the Veterans Pension benefit. Veterans Pension is a tax-free monetary benefit payable to low-income wartime Veterans. Specific eligibility requirements apply.
  • Survivors Pension
    The Survivors Pension benefit, which may also be referred to as Death Pension, is a tax-free monetary benefit payable to a low-income, un-remarried surviving spouse and/or unmarried child(ren) of a deceased Veteran with wartime service. The deceased veteran must have met specific service requirements.
  • Aid & Attendance and Housebound
    Veterans and survivors who are eligible for a VA pension and require the aid and attendance of another person, or are housebound, may be eligible for additional monetary payment. These benefits are paid in addition to monthly pension, and they are not paid without eligibility to Pension.
  • Dependency & Indemnity Compensation
    A tax-free monetary benefit paid to eligible survivors of military servicemembers who died in the line of duty or eligible survivors of Veterans whose death resulted from a service-related injury or disease.
  • Burial
    The burial allowance for a non-service-connected death is $300 and $2,000 for a death connected to military service.
  • DD-214 & Military Record Request
    Requests are made via National Archives at archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records. Please contact us at 954-357-6622 for required documents and to schedule an appointment.