The Water Resources Section of the
Environmental Planning and Community Resilience Division coordinates with federal, state, regional and local agencies on Broward County’s water resource planning, regulatory and policy issues related to local water supply planning, regional water resource management efforts, future conditions affecting water resources, and Everglades restoration projects.
The Water Resources Section’s mission is to:
- To preserve, protect and enhance the County water resources through
policy recommendations and advocacy;
- To develop and coordinate the implementation of the Countywide
Integrated Water Resources Plan (IWRP) and associated policies and projects;
evaluate current and future water supplies and environmental standards designed to protect surface and groundwater quality;
- To assess future conditions driven by climate change, including sea level rise, that impact the County water resources and their implications on
- To promote environmental stewardship and
water conservation initiatives that fulfill the Board's vision of "encouraging investments in renewable energy, sustainable practices and environmental protection."
Our Program Areas
- Water Policy and Planning
Water Resource Assessments
Water Use Efficiency