Airport Ambassadors are diplomats of goodwill making a positive impression on the more than 35 million passengers traveling through the Fort Lauderdale – Hollywood International Airport (FLL) each year.
Volunteer Airport Ambassadors are a vital part of Broward County Aviation Department’s commitment to SUNsational service. They introduce visitors to the spirit of the Greater Fort Lauderdale area: friendly, outgoing and caring.
In addition to the satisfaction of helping others, Airport Ambassador benefits include:
- Discounts on airport gift or food items.
- Complimentary shift parking in the hourly parking lot.
- Complimentary coffee, tea, hot cocoa, and snacks.
- Special recognition functions and service awards.
- Participation in special events.
- Access to training opportunities.
- Uniform jacket and shirt.
- Opportunity to work with a wonderful group of people.
Ambassador Duties Include
- Greet and assist the public.
- Staff airport information booths.
- Direct visitors to concessions, security checkpoints, airline ticket counters, and baggage service offices.
- Respond to inquiries about Broward County Transit, Tri-Rail, ground transportation options, local hotels, and restaurants.
- Offer advice for getting to and from the airport to Greater Fort Lauderdale tourist attractions and landmarks.
Do You Have These Qualities?
- Good communication skills.
- Work well with people.
- Be willing to assist others.
- Are reliable and committed.
- Physically able to meet the demands of working in a dynamic and spacious airport environment.
- Age 16 and above.
- Shifts are available seven days a week between 7 a.m. and 10 p.m.
- Minimum of one four-hour shift per week.
The Airport Ambassador Program also offers internship opportunities.
- Complete the forms below.
Ambassador Application (PDF)
Request for Background Information (PDF)
Parking Card Request (PDF)
Parking Hangtag Application (PDF)
- Submit a copy of your Driver’s License, state ID, or passport with the forms.
- Email the completed forms and required documents to VolunteerFLL@broward.org or mail them to:
Broward County Aviation Department
320 Terminal Drive, Suite 200
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33315
The Volunteer Coordinator will call you after receiving the forms.
For more information, email VolunteerFLL@broward.org.
Required Plug-ins: Adobe® Reader®