Walk-In Services at Government Center West (GCW) are available online.
Learn how to access our services from home without travelling to our office.
To access the Building Code Services Application and Forms page or send us an email to email@example.com.
AVOID THE CROWDS-STAY HEALTHY
Per the Emergency Order 20-01 issued by the County Administrator and effective, March 23, 2020, our agency has suspended the receipt of NEW permits and corrections to drawings for permits that have not been issued yet. Architects, Engineers, or Surveyors cannot submit and our agency cannot process permits for new projects which have not yet commenced construction, unless the drawings were completed, and signed and sealed by all engineers, architects or surveyors prior to the date the Emergency Order became effective.
Notwithstanding the above mentioned, our agency will continue to accept new ePermit applications for Residential re-roofs, windows/doors replacements, Residential A/C Changeouts, standard wood or chain link fences or vinyl fencing with an NOA and any other permit our applications that do not require a Licensed Architect, Professional Engineer or Surveyor. i.e electrical service changes drafted and notarized by a certified electrical contractor.
Once normal business operations have resumed, or once the Executive Ordered is amended or terminated, new permit applications will be accepted.
Effective, Wednesday, November 6, 2019, Building Code Services Division's Building Permitting is excited to offer walk-thru permitting for selected permits for Broward Municipal Services District (Unincorporated Broward). This service will only be available on Wednesdays (County-observed Holidays and Closings excluded) from 8:30AM-10:30AM. Walk-Thru Permitting is temporarily unavailable.
This service is not currently available to FLL Airport, BMSD ePermits, and Elevator Permitting.
This same day permitting will be limited to minor reviews for the following permits and may require review from other agencies (Planning and Development Management Review, Highway Construction & Engineering) prior to submitting to our office:
- Electrical-Meter Release, Service Change, Minor Electrical Repairs
- Plumbing – Sewer Hookup, Electric and Gas Water Heater changeout, Residential Irrigation
- Mechanical – Residential A/C Changeout, Residential A/C New Installs
- Structural – Windows and Doors, Residential Re-Roofs (requires Asbestos Statement of Responsibilities Review)
- Structural/Zoning – Fences, Driveways (requires Highway Construction and Engineering Review), Patio Slabs, Sheds
To ensure timely processing, please have the following ready prior to requesting walk-thru permitting:
- Completed, signed, and notarized permit application;
- Two (2) complete sets of construction documents, product approvals, roof package (for roof permits) as required;
- Licensed State Contractors must be registered with our Building Permitting office. Please click here for registration.
- Planning and Development Management Review Certificates. If applicable, Highway Construction & Engineering approval;
- For job values that are equal to or greater than $2,500.00, a Notice of Commencement must be recorded. Two (2) certified copies of the recorded Notice of Commencement must be obtained. One (1) certified copy must be submitted to our office prior to the first inspection and the second certified copy must remain on the property during inspections.
Please share your feedback.