Building Code has moved.
Our new offices are located at:
Riverbend Corporate Park
2307 West Broward Boulevard, Suite 300
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312
Please select the following link for updates and to follow Broward County's Office of Economic & Small Business Development (OESBD) social media handles.
AVOID THE CROWDS-STAY HEALTHY
Learn how to access our services from home without travelling to our office.
Access the Building Code Services Application and Forms page or send us an email to
Our authority is limited to initiating administrative disciplinary action against the license of a Broward County contractor who has violated a law, ordinance and/or the Florida Building Code. We have no authority to:
These actions are the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts or the arbitration process. Please click
here for a list for Economic Crimes Division telephone numbers.
- Make a contractor perform corrective work
- Make a contractor pay damages
- Impose the settlement of contract or other civil damages
Filing a Complaint
Complaints against a contractor or tree trimmer who is unlicensed by Broward County must be submitted
Please provide details of the dispute and as many facts as possible. In addition, explain what you want the contractor to do to resolve your complaint. Attach copies of any documents that support your complaint, such as:
- Contracts or purchase agreements
- Cancelled checks
- Municipal inspection/correction notices
- Mechanic's lien statements
Please email us at
CLE-Complaint@broward.org if you have questions or concerns related to unlicensed contractor activity in Broward County.
If your complaint involves workmanship issues, we cannot open a formal investigation unless:
- The contractor has been cited by a local building code enforcement official for a violation of the Florida Building Code.
- You have a report from a Florida-registered engineer certifying that a construction defect constitutes a violation of the Florida Building Code.
Florida law requires builders and remodelers to warrant their work for varying lengths of time; your contract may also contain a specific warranty for the work.
Contractors Licensed by the State of Florida
Address your complaints to:
Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation
1940 N. Monroe St.
Tallahassee, FL 32399
Contractor Restitution Fund
A homeowner who files a civil (legal) action against a Broward County licensed contractor and obtains a judgment based on the contractor's failure of performance is eligible to file a claim for compensation through Broward County's Contractor Restitution Trust Fund program. The term “failure of performance” includes:
- A breach of the contract warranty
- A fraudulent, deceptive or dishonest practice
- A conversion of funds
The Contractor Restitution Trust Fund is administered by the Broward County Central Examining Boards.
Please share your feedback.