Broward County has initiated the Gold Seal Initiative Program to achieve excellence in quality child care throughout the County. This is a collaborative program between Broward County Child Care Licensing & Enforcement and the Florida Department of Children and Families (DCF).
Benefits of Becoming A Gold Seal Designated Quality Child Care Provider
A valuable marketing tool for parents
Sales Tax Exemption for qualified educational materials
Property Tax Exemption for qualified Child Care Providers
An increase reimbursement rate for children participating in School Readiness Programs
Satisfies one of the Program eligibility requirements for participation in the VPK Program
10 percent Savings for Licensed / Registration Fees for qualified Providers in Broward County
Status of the Gold Seal Program
Total Gold Seal Child Care Providers:
April 2019 - 180
October 2019 - 168
January 2020 - 169
How to Become a Gold Seal Designated Quality Child Care Provider
- Step One: Become a Licensed or Registered Child Care Program.
- Step Two: Select an approved Accrediting Agency that best meets the needs of your program from the authorized list.
- Step Three: Review the agency’s requirements and follow their procedures for accreditation.
- Step Four: Once the Provider has achieved accreditation from the approved accrediting agency, submit the DCF Gold Seal Quality Care Application and supporting documentation.
- Step Five: Upon approval, the DCF will award a Gold Seal Certificate directly to the Child Care Provider recognizing their achievement. Gold Seal Providers are updated continuously in the
DCF CARES Public Database allowing parents to search for Gold Seal Providers.
How to Search for a Gold Seal Child Care Provider
If you are a parent, child care provider, or are interested in exploring the status of Gold Seal Providers in Broward County, visit the Florida Department of Children and Families
provider search database
and enter the appropriate information.
Child Care Provider Resources