share   tweet 311

​​​News & Highlights​​​

Have a hearing scheduled, please visit our hearing page for more information. And check out our Twitter page @BrowardECPD for the latest news and information.

What We Do
Enforcement Administration is empowered by various County Ordinances and State Statutes to ​address regulatory violations of the various Codes and to compel compliance. We resolve violations, track and take action to collect penalties, negotiate settlement agreements and restitution, and handle matters that require quasi-judicial administrative or judicial hearings. 

Search Enforcement Actions or Review Enforcement Files
The easiest way to electronically search for the status of an enforcement action, such as a Warning Notice, Citation, Notice of Violation, or Notice of Intent to File Suit issued after October 1, 2001, is to visit our online ENVIROS database.  

To search if a facility or location has an environmental enforcement action, visit the ENVIROS site, select the “Advanced Enforcement Action” and input the address in the appropriate fields.  You can also use ENVIROS to view Child Care Licensing inspections, check for contractor permits/licenses and outstanding liens. To schedule an enforcement file review at our office, call 954-519-1210.

Clerk of Court Payment Instructions


A variance is the authorization to conduct an activity that is contrary to Broward County Code (BCC). Variances are granted by a hearing examiner based on criteria found in the Code and following a quasi-judicial public hearing. The variance process begins by following the instructions for submitting an application

Agencies We Support​

Environmental Protection

(a) Air Quality
(b) Contaminated Sites
(c) Domestic Wastewater
(d) Hazardous Materials 
(e) Manatee Protection 
(f) Non-Domestic Wastewater / NPDES 
(g) Storage Tanks 
(h) Surface Water Management 
(i) Tree Preservation 
(j) Wellfield 
(k) Wetland and Aquatic Resources 

Consumer Protection

(l) Auto Body / Paint
(m) Auto repair
(n) Chauffeur
(o) Child Care Food Service
(p) Child Care Licensing
(q) Movers
(r) Towing
(s) Vehicle for Hire

Building Code Services

(t) Building Code
(u) Unsafe Structures
(v) Licensed Contractors
(w) Unlicensed Contractors

Contact Us

For questions or application status, please contact the main line at 954-519-1260 or For a list of phone numbers and emails by staff, see the Enforcement Administration Organizational Chart

How are we doing?​

We would love to get your feedback about the Environmental and Consumer Protection website ( so we can better serve you.  Please help us by completing the following Customer Satisfaction SurveyYour feedback is greatly appreciated!