View photos of County employees who serve our county as members of Armed Forces Reserves and family members of employees who are active duty members of the military or reservists. This page pays tribute to the many sacrifices they make and their service and dedication. More...
Veterans Services Shows Their Best
Broward County's Elderly and Veterans Services Division was the featured County agency for the monthly "Best of Broward" presentation at a recent County Commission meeting. The Division's Veterans Services Section provides free advocacy and claim assistance services to Broward County's nearly 127,000 veterans and their families. More...
Since 1945, Broward County Veterans Services has been dedicated to helping local veterans, along with their families and dependents, receive the services, benefits and quality of life they deserve. This assistance is provided to veterans and their dependents at no cost. Services include:
- Assistance accessing Veteran benefits and entitlements
- Assistance assessing the need for additional agency and community support services
- Referrals to additional agency and community resources
Types of claims filed include:
- Service Connection Compensation
- Non-Service Connection Pension
- Widow/Widower Pension
- Aid and Attendance
- Veteran-Directed Home and Community Based Services
For inquiries and assistance, contact Customer Relations at 954-357-6622.
Veterans Helping Veterans
Broward County has one of the highest Veteran populations in Florida. Broward County Veterans Services:
- Serves more than 700 individuals monthly
- Files more than 1,927 claims annually
- In one year, assisted applicants in receiving more than $9,932,680 in benefits
Our team of highly trained and professional Veterans Service Officers, who are themselves all Veterans, are located at various offices throughout Broward County, and are available to guide Veterans and their dependents through the benefit process, which can be daunting and confusing. Each Veterans Service Officer has been certified by the Florida Department of Veterans’ Affairs.
Veterans Connect Hotspot Program
A free, portable WiFi for Veterans and their dependents. Check out WiFi hotspots at nine library locations throughout Broward County
with valid military identification. Learn more here.