Broward County Waste Regulation Section
- Administers the licensing and compliance for all solid waste management facilities, waste transporters, borrow pit reclamation areas, and hazardous material transfer stations within Broward County as required under county and state regulations;
- Conducts inspections at all licensed facilities to ensure compliance with environmental regulations;
- Administers the state delegated solid waste licensing and compliance program.
The following facilities require a license/permit from the Waste Regulation Section.
- Borrow Pit Reclamation Projects
- Material Recovery Facilities or Transfer Stations
- Compost Facilities
- Waste Tire Processing or Collection Facilities
- Construction and Demolition Debris Recycling Facilities
- Discarded Hazardous Materials
- Biomedical Waste
- Discarded Hazardous Material Hauling
- Sludge Hauling
- Biomedical Waste Hauling