SPALLING REPAIR GROUND TRANSPORTATION AREA 3
Issued: September 9, 2019
FLL19-08-87L (Revision 3)
Location: Ground Transportation Area 3 (GTA-3) upper and lower level.
Schedule: Monday, September 9 to Monday, October 7 from 11 PM to 5AM daily.
Work Performed: Contractor will be repairing the spalling material on the elevated sidewall of the upper-level roadway.
Impact: Upper-level area adjacent to the wall where the repair is located will have a Maintenance of Traffic in place. The lower-level pedestrian sidewalk will be minimized in the work area only. Pedestrian sidewalks, both upper and lower level, will be available.
RIDESHARE PICK UP AREA WAYFINDING INCLUDES STATION DESIGNATION
Issued: August 12, 2019
Location: Ground Transportation Area (GTA) GTA-1 and GTA-3, lower level
Work Performed: Ride Share pick up locations have been updated to include station designation
Impact: The updated wayfinding is intended to assist the guest and the driver in the coordination of pick up
TERMINAL ROADWAY LANE CLOSURE
Issued: July 2, 2019
Project Location: Terminal Drive from GTA-1 to GTA-4, upper and lower level.
Project Work Hours: Tuesday, July 2, 2019, through Monday, September 30, 2019. 10:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. Two lanes may be closed from 1:00 a.m. to 4:00 a.m.
Work Performed: The Contractor will be working on spall repairs and installing structural beams at the expansion joint locations on the upper-level deck. All work performed from the lower level will use a lift and a rolling Maintenance of Traffic (MOT).
Ron Gardner Aircraft Observation Area Closing for Construction
Issued: May 13, 2019
- Project Work Location: Ron Garner aircraft viewing area located south of the North Runway (10L‐28R)
- Project Work Hours: Wednesday, May 15, 2019, through late fall 2019 (revised Sept. 6, 2019)
- Work Performed: Contractor will be utilizing the viewing area for construction activities associated with the North Runway Rehabilitation Project
Report issues to Airport Operations Control Center 954‐359‐1201
Read and/or print Landside Advisory FLL 2019-49 (PDF)
- Open PDF to view the map.
Feeding of Wildlife on Airport Property
Issued: April 19, 2019
- Feeding wildlife is a violation of the Broward County ordinance and is subject to a fine. Initial violation of the ordinance is subject to a $250 fine and repeat violations are subject to a $500 fine.
- Section 2-38(k) of the Broward County Code of Ordinances prohibits feeding feral cats and other wildlife on airport property
- The feeding of wildlife on Airport property is also a safety and health concern
Terminal Roadway Arrivals/Departures Level Maximum Clearance Height Restrictions
Issued: October 18, 2018
- The vertical maximum clearance for Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport Terminal Roadway arrivals and departures levels is thirteen feet (13 ft.)
- This clearance applies to the entire Terminal Roadway width
- This height clearance applies to all vehicles using the Terminal Roadway arrivals and departure levels
Report issues to Airport Operations Control Center 954-359-1201.
Read or Print Landside Advisory FLL 2018-07 - Open PDF to view the map.
Ground Transportation Area (GTA) GTA-4 Opening and GTA-3 Reallocation of Services
Effective: Friday, August 31, 2018
From: BCAD Landside Operations (issued Friday, August 3, 2018)
- Project: Ground Transportation Area (GTA) GTA-4 Opening and GTA-3 Reallocation of Services
- Location: Lower level roadway. The GTA-4 area outlined on the attached map will open Friday, August 31, 2018, at 4 a.m.
- The following services will relocate from GTA-3 to GTA-4: Hotel/Motel, Off-Airport Parking, Sun Trolley, Tri-Rail and some cruise operations
- GTA-3: The Airport inter-terminal loop shuttle will relocate from the inside middle island to the outermost curb. Ride-sharing will utilize the inside middle island for guest pick-up associated with Terminals 3 and 4
Report issues to the Airport Operations Control Center 954-359-1201.
Read and/or print Landside Advisory FLL2018-24 (PDF) - Open PDF to view the map.
Delivery Vehicle Locations Lower Level
Effective: November 9, 2015
FLL 2015 - 11 - 2
- 24/7 lower level only.
- Gate 100 and Garages.
- Vehicles must be attended at all times and are subject to security inspections.
Between now and November 16, our enforcement will be reminding drivers of the forthcoming policy.
This policy took full effect on November 16, 2015.
Read and or print the Landside Advisory (PDF) or the ADA Landside Advisory (PDF).