The Office of Economic and Small Business Development (OESBD) provides educational support to residents, entrepreneurs and business owners. OESBD presents various free seminars, trainings and workshops such as:
- Community Relations and Outreach
OESBD coordinates educational programs and special events with a special focus on supporting small and disadvantaged
businesses. Further provides support to vendors for outreach efforts to potential small business concessionaires, consultants, contractors, service
provides, suppliers and/or vendors.
- International Trade Business Development
OESBD offers a multiple programs for business owners to explore opportunities in international trade. These activities range from primers in
exporting to extensive learning courses and special events. We offer programs to suit the needs of any business interested in going global.
To learn more, contact the OESBD International Trade Specialist at 954-357-6400.
- Entrepreneurship Development Program
OESBD is an affiliate of the FastTrac®
global entrepreneurship education program. These programs meet the needs of aspiring, established
and growth entrepreneurs by equipping them with business skills and insights, tools, resources and peer networks to start and support
- Listening to Your Business™ - For existing business owners to develop a three-year business strategy. NOTE: These workshops are limited to 15 registrants each.
- The Intentional Entrepreneur™ - For aspiring entrepreneurs to establish a one-year vision
To learn more, contact the OESBD Economic Development Specialist at 954-357-6400. Visit YouTube to view the program video.
- NewVenture™ Entrepreneurship Program - For aspiring entrepreneurs to develop a business concept and business plan (10-week course)
- COMING SOON: 2019 PROGRAM DATES
- 2018 PROGRAM DATES:
- Information Session: April 25, 2018 - Registration CLOSED
- Application Period: April 25 to May 16, 2018 - Application Period CLOSED
- Notification of Acceptance: May 21 - 29, 2018
- Course Dates: May 30 to August 22, 2018
- Graduation and Pitch Day: September 12, 2018
- Business Resiliency Workshop: Wednesday, June 6, 2018 | 9 to 11 AM - REGISTRATION CLOSED
Understand the first step to surviving a natural or man-made disaster for your business. Attendees of this FREE preparedness workshop will learn:
- Lessons from Hurricane Irma
- General Practices of Business Continuity Planning
- Broward County's Disaster Response System
- Disaster Preparation Programs for Small Businesses
To learn more, contact the OESBD Economic Development Specialist at 954-357-6400.