NATURE OF WORK
This is advanced professional, technical, analytical, and lead work responsibilities in instructional needs assessment, planning, development, design, implementation and delivery of multimedia and technical training programs with administrative responsibility in database and application systems implementation and administration.
Incumbent provides high-level professional and technical support of large scale automation systems and requires responsibility for the enterprise-wide Learning Management System, database, and application systems administration. Work involves analyzing learning needs, recommending e-learning solutions, and implementing appropriate delivery method. Responsibilities include analyses, design, development, and implementation of e-learning solutions using instructional systems design principles and adult learning theory for technical data processing and non-technical personnel. Incumbent designs, and develops interactive e-learning content including learning objectives, simulation scenarios, graphical art/media, and valid/reliable assessments, and launches resultant e-learning courses and materials within the Learning Management System for delivery of a wide variety of training to a variety of audiences. Work is reviewed by an administrative or professional superior through consultations and evaluation of program results.
This classification is distinguished from Technical Trainer II by the additional experience and training required, greater complexity of area of assignment, and lead work responsibilities.
· As Lead Technical Trainer, collaborates with key leadership/staff to analyze learning needs, recommend e-Learning solutions and implement the appropriate delivery method.
· Analyzes, designs, develops and implements e-Learning solutions using instructional systems design principles and adult learning theory.
· Designs and develops interactive e-Learning content including learning objectives, simulation scenarios, graphical art/media, and valid/reliable assessments.
· Launches e-Learning courses and materials within the Learning Management System.
· Identifies and designs methods to measure the effectiveness of e-Learning programs/courses, sets targets, tracks results, and manages the revision/modification process.
· Collaborates with Senior Information Technology Specialist to develop processes, standards, and tools for content design, development, and delivery.
· Researches, evaluates, recommends, and assists with implementation off-the-shelf e-Learning courses and integration of the Learning Management System (LMS).
· Identifies, documents, and implements best practices for the design, development and implementation of e-Learning .
· Builds customer partnerships by identifying opportunities and taking action to work collaboratively, and building strategic partnerships with customers from various agencies to help achieve business goals.
· Determines evaluation strategy for measuring learning solutions.
· Delivers solutions that build critical skills and competencies required to achieve measurable business results.
· Responds within established policies and procedures to calls or inquiries from customers to resolve current hardware, software, peripheral equipment, or network problems.
- Performs related work as required.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS
Considerable knowledge of current and emerging trends, literature, and developments in the instructional technology field;
Considerable knowledge of web-based information delivery systems, authoring software, simulation software, and Learning Management Systems;
Considerable knowledge of Adult Learning Theory, needs assessment, instructional design for e-Learning, blended learning and instructor lead training, and evaluation strategies and implementation;
Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills;
Solid understanding of the Adult Learning Principles and Practices.
Ability to manage large, complex learning development projects;
Ability to counsel and advise employees concerning training and educational requirements for career growth and progressions, job performance improvement and related purposes.
Ability to serve the public and fellow employees with honesty and integrity in full accord with the letter and spirit of BrowardCounty's Ethics and Conflict of Interest policies.
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the general public, co-workers, elected and appointed officials and members of diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds regardless of race, religion, age, sex, disability, political affiliation or sexual orientation.
Skill in the use of computer and peripheral equipment.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in instructional technology, computer science or related field; four (4) years experience in Information Technology or Instructional Technology organization, including two (2) years of instructional design or development involving web design for web-based content development and classroom instruction; or any equivalent combination of relevant training and experience.
Bargaining Unit: Government Supervisors Association - (Professional Unit)
FLSA Status: Exempt
Code of Ethics
Class Spec. Estab ./Revised: E11/05