SUMMARY: This is specialized complex technical clerical work in processing and evaluation of Workers' Compensation claims.
- Receives all incoming Workers’ Compensation First Reports of Injury and verifies data on the First Reports of Injury and requests additional data as needed to create the claim file.
- Enters data into automated claims system to create the claim and establishes initial reserves for Medical Only claims and diaries.
- Sets up the hard copy file for all new claims, maintains records, and follow-ups as required.
- Types all correspondence for adjusters and supervisors.
- Transcribes recorded statements from injured employees.
- Sends the State required Employee Information package to all injured employees within the required time period.
- Indexes all lost time and legal claims in computer via internet (ISONE Claim Search) to cross reference for prior claims and current injury.
- Prepares all required State of Florida, Division of Workers' Compensation required forms and/or reports within the time period required by law.
- Authorizes medical treatment and prescriptions for minor injuries in the absence of the claims adjusters and or processors.
- Performs a variety of tasks in an automated office environment.
- Prepares reports and performs special projects as required .
- Performs related work as required.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS – REQUIRED AT TIME OF HIRE: ( Applicants are expected to possess the required Knowledge, Abilities, and/or Skills listed below prior to being hired for positions in this job title.)
- Knowledge of Workers’ Compensation claims administration in an automated computing environment.
- Knowledge of Worker’s CompensationState required Forms, Reports, and procedures
- Knowledge of HIPAA's privacy and security requirements as they pertain to protected health care information.
- Ability to work independently and exercise analytical judgment in accordance with established guidelines.
- Ability to stand for considerable time periods to photo copy large claim files as required.
- Ability to perform data entry and/or type correspondence for considerable periods of time.
- Ability to handle challenging public relations and employee relations issues and present a positive image in a customer relations setting.
- Ability to express ideas clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to serve the public and fellow employees with honesty and integrity in full accord with the letter and spirit of BrowardCounty’s Ethics and Conflict of Interest policies.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the general public, co-workers, elected and appointed officials and members of diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, marital status or political affiliation.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS – NOT REQUIRED AT TIME OF HIRE BUT EXPECTED TO BE DEVELOPED ON THE JOB: (The following Knowledges, Abilities, and/or Skills listed below, although considered to be required in order to perform the work of this job title, are not required at time of hire.)
· Knowledge of applicable Federal and State Regulations concerning Workers' Compensation.
· Ability to prepare County Agenda Reports for claim settlements.
· Ability to coordinate County S/NC meetings including the ability to take minutes and set up recording equipment.
DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING : Graduation from high school supplemented by specialized training in Workers' Compensation claims, practices and procedures as a claims assistant; two years experience in Workers' Compensation claims or insurance back ground, or any equivalent combination of relevant training and experience.
Bargaining Unit: White Collar
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Code of Ethics Certification: No
Work Locations: Risk Management
Class Spec: Established: 10/2004