NATURE OF WORK
This is senior level digital media design work in the production of print materials, web site pages and multimedia products. The work involves the creative design and production of digital artwork for print publications and other collateral materials at an advanced level and web page design and multimedia production for CD, web or other electronic distribution at an advanced level.
This work requires advanced creative design skills in all media including digital print production involving 4-color process; internet web page production; and multimedia production. Advanced web site design skills include the ability to: read and write html code and java script; create web-based animations; and create digital audio and video clips for CD, web hosting or other electronic distribution.
This classification is distinguished from the Digital Media Designer position by the additional experience required; by the complexity of the work; and by the advanced level of skill required in the area of web site design.
- Performs advanced graphic design work to produce electronic and print publications including brochures, promotional materials, newsletters, logos, exhibits, annual reports, Powerpoint presentations and other collateral materials ; writes and reviews printing specifications for bid purposes.
- Performs advanced web site design work to create complex html pages including Flash files, Java script, audio and video files and web-based animation.
- Evaluates web pages in a test production environment; troubleshoots html code errors.
- Meets with representatives from County agencies to plan web site projects and acts as lead worker on project teams.
- Researches and recommends technical solutions based on internet technologies; identifies improvement needs and develops solutions.
- Creates and edits digital video, animation files, and multi-tracked audio for use in a variety of media.
- Creates computer-generated illustrations and technical drawings; scans and retouches photographs.
- Performs related work as required.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS
- Thorough knowledge of principles and practices of graphic design, digital design, color and typography.
- Thorough knowledge of the principles, methods and techniques used in developing web sites including html coding, java scripting, navigation elements and audio and video webcasting.
- Thorough knowledge of various computer software programs including In-Design, Adobe Photoshop, Powerpoint, Adobe Premiere and DreamWeaver to perform duties.
- Ability to apply technical skills to produce creative designs in a variety of media including print, web site, and electronic media.
- Ability to conduct research, organize, analyze, prepare and present technical information.
- Ability to work independently, plan, organize and execute assignments with minimum supervision.
- Ability to organize and coordinate multiple, time-sensitive assignments, and to maintain work records.
· Ability to serve the public and fellow employees with honesty and integrity in full accord with the letter and spirit of BrowardCounty’s Ethics and Conflict of Interest policies.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the general public, co-workers, elected and appointed officials and members of diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, marital status or political affiliation.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
Graduation from an accredited four year college or university with major course work in commercial art, graphic design, web site design or related field; six (6) years of related experience, including four (4) years experience in web site design; or any equivalent combination of relevant training and experience.
Bargaining Unit: Unrepresented
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Code of Ethics Certification: No
Class Spec. Estab ./Revised: E 10/2004