SUMMARY: Under general supervision, picks-up and delivers a variety of mail, packages, materials, and supplies to BrowardCounty governmental facilities.
· Picks-up/delivers mail ( U.S. and interoffice), supplies, payroll, x-rays, medical records, specimens, etc. in order to provide information, supplies and related materials to people in the County.
· Checks vehicle for routine maintenance in order to ensure the vehicle will operate safely and efficiently.
· Delivers vehicle to County maintenance facility in order to facilitate completion of scheduled preventative maintenance or emergency repairs
· Organizes/determines pick-up/delivery routes in order to maximize efficiency and minimize driving time.
· Sorts mail ( U.S., foreign and interoffice) in order to determine which mail processor to use and/or direct it to the appropriate division/person.
· Applies proper postage to mail items in order to ensure mail is delivered to addressee in a timely manner.
· Performs related work as required.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS – REQUIRED AT TIME OF HIRE: (Applicants are expected to possess the required Knowledges, Abilities, and/or Skills listed below prior to being hired for positions in this job class.)
· Knowledge of applicable traffic laws.
· Knowledge of office, business and medical facility locations in Broward, Miami-Dade and Palm BeachCounties.
· Ability to operate a motor vehicle safely.
· Ability to determine that lights, brakes, and similar vehicle systems are functioning properly.
· Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. without assistance.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the general public, co-workers, elected and appointed officials and members of diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, marital status or political affiliation.
· Ability to serve the public and fellow employees with honesty and integrity in full accord with the letter and spirit of BrowardCounty’s Ethics and Conflict of Interest policies.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS – NOT REQUIRED AT TIME OF HIRE BUT EXPECTED TO BE DEVELOPED ON THE JOB: (The following Knowledges, Abilities, and/or Skills listed below, although considered to be necessary in order to perform the work of this job class, are not required at time of hire.)
· Knowledge of policies/procedures for documenting vehicle accidents.
· Knowledge of routine vehicle maintenance/inspection procedures and techniques.
· Knowledge of procedures for requesting emergency vehicle repair service.
· Knowledge of County policies and procedures related to vehicle use.
· Ability to organize pick-up/delivery routes to ensure maximum efficiency.
· Ability to explain postal/delivery service policies, procedures and regulations to other staff.
REQUIRED TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE: Successful completion of job related tests. Two (2) years of mail delivery, courier, or related work desired.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENT : Must possess a valid Florida driver’s license at time of hire.
Bargaining Unit: White Collar
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Class Spec Established/Revised : E06/2004 R03/20012