SUMMARY: Under close to general supervision, performs a variety of data entry related work in an assigned agency.
· Updates/maintains a variety of databases in order to facilitate information recording, storage, and retrieval and/or to track activity/volume of work.
· Proofreads printouts, summary reports, or on screen data in order to identify data entry errors.
· Reviews a variety of data input forms in order to ensure that required data/information is in the appropriate places.
· Interacts with public, County staff, or vendors in order to obtain goods/services, assist them in using Department or postal delivery services, equipment, programs, and/or facilities, collect fees, answer questions, identify their service needs or locate missing materials.
· Retrieves information/summary reports from a variety of databases in order to facilitate data/trend analysis, and/or provide data/information to staff, County officials, and/or the public.
· Files a variety of correspondence, documents, requests received, and other forms/materials in order to provide documentation of activities and comply with County/State records management requirements and agency operating policies and procedures.
· Performs related work as required.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS – REQUIRED AT TIME OF HIRE: (Applicants are expected to possess the required Knowledges, Abilities, and/or Skills listed below prior to being hired for positions in this job class.)
· Knowledge of procedures for operating various office equipment, including personal computers.
· Ability to enter data into a variety of database applications.
· Ability to keyboard.
· Ability to learn/perform a variety of work activities in assigned Department.
· Ability to read names, account numbers, amounts and related information on a variety of documents.
· Ability to identify errors in account numbers, dates, amounts or related information.
· Ability to serve the public and fellow employees with honesty and integrity in full accord with the letter and spirit of Broward County =s Ethics and Conflict of Interest policies.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the general public, co-workers, elected and appointed officials and members of diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, familial status, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy, or gender identity and expression.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS – NOT REQUIRED AT TIME OF HIRE BUT EXPECTED TO BE DEVELOPED ON THE JOB: (The following Knowledges, Abilities, and/or Skills listed below, although considered to be necessary in order to perform the work of this job class, are not required at time of hire.)
· Ability to understand, follow, and explain a variety of County/agency policies and procedures.
· Ability to read and understand data/information from a variety of computer printouts or related documents.
· Skill in entering data into computer with less than 5% error rate.
REQUIRED TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE: Successful completion of job related tests. Two (2) years of data entry, maintenance, and control, or closely related work desired.
Bargaining Unit: White Collar
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Code of Ethics Certification: No
Class Spec Estab./Revised: E 06/2004 R 03/2012