Under general supervision, performs a variety of activities associated with document recording or Value Adjustment Board (VAB) petition filing in the County Records Division.
· Updates/maintains the CountyRecords database(s) in order to facilitate information recording, storage, and retrieval and/or verify accuracy of information.
· Interacts with public and/or County staff in order to assist them in using Division services, equipment, programs, and/or facilities, collect fees, answer questions, identify their service needs or locate missing materials.
· Retrieves name and address information from computerized database in order to ensure that documents are returned to the proper person.
· Prepares documents in order to ensure that documents and related materials are correct and accurate recorded for acceptance.
· Reviews documents to ensure acceptability of format.
· Processes recorded documents in order to return original documents to owners by sorting documents by owner and placing them in courier packs or mailing them to the appropriate owner.
· Balances cash drawer in order to ensure money (bills, coins and checks) in drawer matches funds processed in accordance with established cash handling procedures.
· Scans documents into database(s) in order to maintain computerized archive of documents and facilitate data retrieval.
· Reviews scanned documents for quality control in order to ensure that scanned information is clearly readable, complete, and in proper sequence.
· Resolves day-to-day operational problems with the public in order to facilitate effective operation of the unit.
· Performs related work as required.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS – REQUIRED AT TIME OF HIRE : (Applicants are expected to possess the required Knowledge, Abilities, and/or Skills listed below prior to being hired for positions in this job class.)
· Knowledge of the general operating policies and procedures of the Division.
· Knowledge of procedures for operating various office equipment, including personal computers.
· Knowledge of locations of various County facilities.
· Knowledge of codes and abbreviations to be used in the CountyRecords database(s).
· Knowledge of established customer service policies, procedures, and techniques.
· Knowledge of general policies, procedures, and techniques for interacting with disruptive individuals.
· Ability to lift and carry up to 20 lbs. without assistance.
· Ability to operate a calculator to tabulate check totals, credit card transactions, etc.
· Ability to operate a personal computer to prepare a variety of correspondence, notices, schedules, and related materials using a variety of software/applications.
· Ability to compare envelope codes to document labels to verify accuracy.
· Ability to enter data into computerized database.
· Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations involving addition, subtraction, multiplication and/or division.
· Ability to understand, follow, and explain a variety of Division policies and procedures.
· Ability to count/tabulate coins and bills to determine cash totals and make change.
· Ability to read names, account numbers, amounts and related information on checks and/or other documents.
· Ability to sort materials numerically.
· Ability to read and understand data/information from a variety of computer printouts or related documents.
· Ability to keyboard.
· Ability to perform routine/minor maintenance/repairs on a variety of office and computer related equipment.
· Ability to identify errors in account numbers, dates, amounts or related information.
· Ability to recognize a variety of documents that can be recorded or petitions that can be filed.
· Ability to serve the public and fellow employees with honesty and integrity in full accord with the letter and spirit of BrowardCounty’s Ethics and Conflict of Interest policies.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the general public, co-workers, elected and appointed officials and members of diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, familial status, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy, or gender identity and expression.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS – NOT REQUIRED AT TIME OF HIRE BUT EXPECTED TO BE DEVELOPED ON THE JOB : (The following Knowledge, Abilities, and/or Skills listed below, although considered to be necessary in order to perform the work of this job title, are not required at time of hire.)
· Knowledge of types and locations of various materials and services within the Division.
· Knowledge of Division polices and procedures for handling cash, checks, and credit card transactions.
· Ability to explain/demonstrate procedures for performing a variety of work activities.
· Ability to multi-task.
· Ability to work with minimal supervision.
· Ability to evaluate data/information and make decisions in accordance with established policies, procedures, and guidelines.
REQUIRED TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE :
Successful completion of job related tests. Two (2) years of document recording, petition filing, or closely related work desired.
Bargaining Unit: White Collar
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Class Spec. Estab./Revised: E6/04 R3/12