NATURE OF WORK:
This is advanced technical work in the configuration, installation and maintenance of television production and media resource systems.
Work involves acting as a director, camera operator and video switcher for live televised and webcastCounty events. Provides direction and guidance to individuals supporting media equipment during televised events. Prepares media resources for planned meetings scheduled in GovernmentalCenter. Maintains County public service programming to be used during televised events. Provides basic maintenance and/or repairs of televising, sound and media equipment as needed. Provides onsite review and coordination with vendors to ensure integrity of media equipment. Maintains and activates, on a 24/7 basis, emergency cell phone bank for deployment during a declared state of emergency. Acts as a point person with CountyAdministration and CountyCommission for telephone service requests. Employee exercises considerable independent judgment in determining job priorities, methods and assignments. Work is reviewed by an administrative superior through meetings, written reports and by inspection of work while in progress, and upon completion.
· Directs and supervises all “on air” televised and webcast events for the County. Prioritizes camera shots, insertion of other media resources and public service announcements. Responsible for the final product to the cable companies and the web.
· Prepares and sets up meeting rooms in the GovernmentalCenter for media resources requested by meeting planners.
· Maintains the County’s public service programming for televising, including dubbing, editing and playback on non-linear editing system.
· Performs basic maintenance and/or repairs of televising and sound equipment and other media resources located in meeting rooms.
· Performs onsite review and coordination with vendors performing work and outside users requiring use of media equipment to ensure integrity of equipment.
· Maintains emergency cell phone bank in a state of readiness for declared state of emergencies. This includes charging phones on a fixed schedule, activation of phones with wireless carrier, testing and preparing for deployment to the EOC.
· Acts as a point of contact with CountyAdministration and CountyCommission for telephone service requests. This includes identifying the need or problem, completing service request and provide follow-up.
KNOWLEDGE ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
· Knowledge of media equipment components in order to perform basic maintenance and repairs.
· Knowledge of multi-media computerized equipment used to assist with a variety of meeting requirements.
· Knowledge of remote broadcast productions with skills in both video and audio production.
· Knowledge of televising skills, including composition of camera shots, operation of multiple cameras simultaneously, providing direction of audio production, video taping, editing and dubbing skills.
· Knowledge of television production and the ability to supervise others involved with live or taped programming.
· Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
· Ability to make estimates of needs in terms of labor, materials and equipment.
· Ability to plan and produce training materials, public service tapes and television programs.
· Skill in the use and operation of tools and equipment used in testing of specialized instrumentation and test devices including basic computer systems and applications.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
Associates Degree in video, broadcast or television production; four(4) years editing experience in television production in a small production company or local government access station; or any equivalent combination of relevant training and experience.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
Possession of a valid Florida Driver's License at time of appointment.
Bargaining: Government Supervisors Association (GSA)
FLSA Status: Exempt
Code of Ethics
Class Spec. Estab./Revised: E9/95 R05/06