FLL and HWO Background
Broward County's Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL) and North Perry Airport (HWO), a general aviation airport, form a diverse and dynamic airport system. This airport system serves the needs of more than 35 million commercial airline travelers and the general aviation community throughout South Florida.
FLL is ranked 18th in the U.S. in total passenger traffic and 10th in international passengers, according to Airports Council International-North America (ACI-NA) 2018 data, the latest official rankings available. With more than 350 departures a day, the airport offers nonstop service to over 75 U.S. cities and global connectivity to more than 60 international destinations in 33 countries.
Part of Broward County
Broward County, a political subdivision of the State of Florida, owns the two airports. The Airports are operated through the Broward County Board of County Commissioners. The Commission delegates the management and operations of FLL and HWO to the Broward County Aviation Department.
The two airports are monetarily self-supporting. We do not use any Broward County tax revenue to support the operations, maintenance, or capital improvements of the Airports. The Aviation Department generates funds through user fees, rentals, and other charges. Bonds, fees, and grants (state and federal) fund capital improvement projects. Any surpluses are reinvested into the airport facilities.
As one of the leading economic engines in Broward County, FLL generates 255,386 direct, indirect and induced jobs and has an annual economic impact of $37.5 billion, according to results of a 2019 independent consultant's review.
Check out the 2018 Annual Report of the Broward County Aviation Department, which operates FLL and HWO.
What Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport Offers You
- Nonstop flights to over 100 U.S. and international cities.
- International service to Canada, the Bahamas, the Caribbean, Europe, Mexico, Central America, and South America.
- Over 12,000 parking spaces just minutes from the terminals.
- For cruise passengers, a short two-mile ride to Port Everglades. Even the Port of Miami is less than an hour away.
- An onsite Rental Car Center (RCC) offers 12 car rental companies and more than 5,400 rental cars. The RCC is a short walk from Terminal 1 or you can take a shuttle ride from the other terminals.
Do You Have A Safety Concern?
The Safety Management System (SMS) at FLL is an innovative proactive way to manage safety. SMS provides five convenient ways to communicate safety concerns without fear of retribution. All airport travelers, employees, and tenants are encouraged to report any accidents, incidents, hazardous conditions, and behaviors as soon as possible.
What North Perry Airport Offers You
- Private and charter aircraft operators offering a full range of services such as aircraft refueling, repairs, catering, and flight planning facilities.
- An airfield system with four runways, the longest at 3,350 feet.
- Over 160 T-Hangars for aircraft storage.
- Flight instruction for airplanes and helicopters.