Building Code has moved.
Our new offices are located at:
Riverbend Corporate Park
2307 West Broward Boulevard, Suite 300
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312
Please select the following link for updates and to follow Broward County's Office of Economic & Small Business Development (OESBD) social media handles.
Broward County Building Code is committed to the safety and health of our Customers, Partners, Employees, and the Community at large. We take this responsibility very seriously. As we continue to closely monitor the recent health concerns in our community and local offices, we want to provide you with the actions and planning that our agency has in place.
In the unincorporated areas of Broward County and cities we contract with, we provide the following services:
- We require property owners or contractors they hire to get a permit for any new construction or certain alterations to an existing residential or commercial building. This ensures conformance with the Florida Building Code and all applicable building codes, laws, rules and resolutions in effect in Broward County.
- Visit ePermits OneStop for help determining what additional associated Broward County permits and certificates are required.
- We perform plan review of submitted construction plans and drawings for compliance with the Florida Building Code and local construction standards.
- We perform inspections to verify work is done according to these laws which protect the health, safety and welfare of the public while helping the business or home owner avoid enforcement penalties for non-compliant work.
- We administer and enforce minimum housing/unsafe structure regulations and other county ordinances relating to permitting that affect land, property structures and the environment.
Building Code Resources
Please share your feedback