Kauffman Foundation FastTrac® Entrepreneurship Development Program
The program equips aspiring, established and growth entrepreneurs with business skills, insights, tools, resources and peer networks to start and support successful enterprises. The program was created by the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation, the world’s largest foundation devoted to entrepreneurship. The program includes the following:
- NewVenture™ Entrepreneurship Program - This course is for aspiring entrepreneurs to develop a business concept and business plan (10-module course).
- VIRTUAL INFO SESSION
- Wednesday, March 17, 2021 | 6 to 7:30 PM
- WATCH program video
- Application Period - CLOSED
- The Intentional Entrepreneur™ - This is a workshop for aspiring entrepreneurs to establish a one-year vision.
- The Intentional Entrepreneur™ - This is a workshop for existing business owners to develop a three-year business strategy.
As a Kauffman Foundation FastTrac® affiliate, OESBD is hosting the NewVenture™ Entrepreneurship Program to help entrepreneurs refine their business concept, identify the components of a strong business plan, and access the appropriate resources for launch. At the end of the course, completed business plans will be evaluated and the top three will be eligible to compete for seed money grants.
The NewVenture™ Entrepreneurship Program is a free certificate program that is open to all Broward County residents and is designed to guide aspiring and early stage entrepreneurs on the path to success. NewVenture™ is offered in partnership with the Innovation Hub at Broward College, and is held annually.
Eligibility Criteria for NewVenture™
A well researched idea for a new business
Two years of work experience
Access to a computer to complete assignments
Conducted some market research
Commitment to attend all sessions (approximately 30 classroom hours) and complete prep work (approximately 15-20 hours per week)
NewVenture™ Entrepreneurship Program Statistics
- 10 – Week Program
- 467 – Entrepreneurs Supported Since 2016
- 68 – Total Graduates 2016-2019
Contact our Economic Development Specialist at 954-357-6400 to learn more.
International Trade Business Development
OESBD offers multiple programs for business owners to explore opportunities in international trade. These activities range from primers in exporting to extensive learning courses and special events. Programs are offered to suit the needs of any business interested in going global.
Business Opportunities and Trends - For business owners to explore international markets
Florida Export Opportunities – For business owners interested in global market growth by exporting to featured countries
“Doing Business With” – For business owners to learn about conducting business in foreign markets
- “11 Steps to Exporting – A Roadmap to Your Exporting Success”
Contact our International Trade Specialist at 954-357-6400 to learn more.