Broward County Building Code Division is committed to the safety and health of our Customers, Partners, Employees, and the Community at large. We take this responsibility very seriously. As we continue to closely monitor the recent health concerns in our community and local offices, we want to provide you with the actions and planning that our agency has in place.
Please continue to be diligent and take precautionary measures to keep our community safe.
Cleaning efforts remain diligent and are routine in our offices. For the safety of our Employees and Customers, the following cautionary measures are in place:
ePermit option is available for Building Code Permits (Residential re-roofs, window and door replacements, residential A/C Changeouts, standard wood or chain link fencing) for Broward Municipal Services District (BMSD). This service is not currently available to FLL Airport and Elevator Permitting. Licensed Contractor registration is required.
Online payment option is available for Building Permits, Contractor Licensing, and Elevator Licensing and Permitting, and renewal of Elevator Certificate of Operation.
- Employees and customers, in our offices, are strongly encouraged to routinely wash their hands, with soap and water, for 20 seconds.
- Social distancing practices (i.e., conference calls, postponed events, suspension of business travel, etc.) are recommended.
- If our location is directed to close, staff will still be available to respond to your questions. Please contact
email@example.com for more information. For Elevator Permitting and Licensing concerns, please contact
- For Broward County Contractor Licensing requirements or concerns, contact
- If the Call Center is unavailable for Building Inspection requests, the following procedures will be instituted:
- For next day inspections requests, please submit your request by email to
firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than 3PM, Monday-Friday. The permit number, phone access code, inspection type, and contact information must be included. If all the required information is not included, the request will not be scheduled.
- For elevator inspection requests, please submit your request by email to
email@example.com, no later than 4PM, Monday-Friday. The BCID, Building Name, and job description or inspection type must be referenced in the email.
- Building Code Division provides permitting and code compliance and enforcement to the Broward Municipal Services District areas and Fort Lauderdale International Airport. Our agency also provides regional elevator permitting, enforcement and compliance, as well as contractor licensing and enforcement. Permitting and Code Enforcement activity will be performed for emergency permits and life-safety concerns, only, if our office is closed to both Employees and the Public. Please contact
firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Our offices are located at:
Riverbend Corporate Park2307 West Broward Boulevard, Suite 300
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312
We currently provide full service to: