The Broward County Board of County Commissioners developed the County Business Enterprise (CBE) program to increase participation of small businesses in County projects as both prime contractors and subcontractors.
If you are not certified as a CBE, now is the time to get certified! With an established 30 percent small business participation goal on all eligible Transportation Surtax projects for certified small businesses for 30 years, there will be several opportunities to take your business to the next level. Get certified today!
CBE Eligibility Requirements
- The firm must be independent;
- The firm must have a continuing operating presence in Broward County for at least one year prior to submitting an application.
- The vendor must have a Broward Business Tax Receipt, and be located in and doing business in Broward County.
- Each owner must not have a personal net worth exceeding $1,320,000.
- The firm shall, when combined with any and all affiliates, have less than $5 million in average annual gross receipts calculated over the previous three (3) calendar years, except firms in construction, which must have less than $9 million in average annual gross receipts (calculated over the previous three years) or commodity suppliers which must have no more than 25 permanent full-time employees but are not subject to gross receipts limitations.
- Completion of a site visit by OESBD staff to the applicant firm business location.
Certification Application Form
Required Forms for Broward County Contracts ONLY (not Municipality) with County Business Enterprise Goals
Upon award of a Broward County contract, CBE certified firms are required to regularly submit documentation of activity related to the project.